There is no cookie cutter answer in making a decision to "PICKET" in front of the very LASIK LIARS that promised "YOU'LL LOVE LASIK!" I would say to picket for as long and as frequently as needed until the injured patient has achieved their goal. An end goal is needed though.
I would recommend the first time picketing to make it a 4-6 hour effort to get the point across that you are serious. The second time is likely needed to let them know you are still serous. I would only spend 1-2 hours on the second and all following visits. Picket frequently enough to keep it fresh on their minds. Once per week at random days/times would probably work well.
Below is a number of goals that may be applicable to many angry/revengeful patients:
-A recommended first time picketing effort could be 4-6 hours to get the point across that you are serious. The second time is likely needed to let them know you are still serious. Then only spend 1-2 hours or so on the second and all following visits. Picket frequently enough to keep it fresh on their minds. Once per week at random days/times would work well.
2) Picket until a particular doctor offers a monetary relief that satisfies the injured patient.
3) Picket until a particular doctor makes changes that satisfy the injured patient. This could be as simple as updating consent forms to include accurate info or as extreme no longer performing LASIK.
4) Picket until a news agency picks up on the patient's efforts and creates a story. Notifying the news agency first of your picketing effort will help.
5) Picket until you drive a dishonest doctor out of business to prevent future injuries.
6) Force change within the doctor's office that works toward the goal of eliminating LASIK and properly informing the public. Force them to be up front and honest.
7) Monetary relief for past, present, and future vision expenses, and for loss of the quality of life they stole from you. There is no amount of money that satisfies this, but you must settle at some point for an amount and it should be significant enough that the doctors will no longer take unnecessary risks with their patients.
BUT...IS THE FDA DOING ANYTHING ABOUT UNSCRUPULOUS AND POSSIBLE "CRIMINAL" MEDICAL ACTS WITH LASIK CENTERS? WHERE IS THE COMMISSIONER, MARGARET HAMBURG?